Duration is an independent multi award-winning brewery in West Norfolk headed up by Bates our South Carolinian brewer and Londoner Miranda. We opened in late 2019 after 2 years of collaborative and nomadic brewing as one of the UK’s most anticipated and exciting modern breweries. Our high-end brewhouse sits our majestic converted 16th stone barn in West Acre amidst barley fields along the Nar Valley Way. We pour time and place into every beer producing perfectly balanced wild ales and fresh beers brewed from nature with purpose.
Inspired by the creative solitude of our rural location Duration showcases how beautifully brewing and agriculture can exist in tandem. Every day fresh pale ales and crisp pilsners using local grains and crops. Signature and seasonal releases brewed in small rotational batches. Limited quantity releases of slow and spontaneous beer from our barrel store as they become available. Our wild mixed fermentation ales are developed at a slower pace inoculated with native cultures, aged in wood and blended to taste. Deliciously balanced small batches focused on quality and consistency and brewed as sustainabily as possible to always give back more than we take from our moment in time.
Read more on our founding Bedrock Principles HERE
Learn more about what beers we procuce on our BEER LIBRARY
For brewery news and events sign up to our NEWSLETTER or follow us on socials @DURATIONBEER
Buy our beers from our ONLINE STORE. See where you can meet the team via our EVENTS page
- BEER LIBRARY Learn about our signature and seasonal releases on our beer library.
- ONLINE Order by 12 noon to have a beer box delivered fresh to your door the next working day.
- TAP DAYS Come to our family and dog friendly taproom First Saturdays with food 12-8pm. Additional hours in the Summer.
- BREWERY KIOSK Buy beer, gifts and merch from our barrel store Mon-Fri 9-5 year round.
- STOCK US Want to stock our products are your venue? Please see our Trade Page
Duration beers are available in 100’s of independent venues as well as pouring in several local pubs near the brewery (see below).
If looking for a pint of Duration why not visit:
- Artichoke (Norwich)
- Angel Inn (Loddon)
- Beer Hatch (Norwich)
- Blue Bell (Langham)
- Brisley Bell (Dereham)
- Bubba’s Kitchen (Norwich)
- Chequers (Royston)
- D’Oyly’s (Weybridge)
- Dabbling Duck (Great Massingham)
- Earlham (Norwich)
- Fox at Willian (Willian, Letchworth)
- Gangway (Sheringham)
- George & Dragon (Castle Acre)
- Gyre & Gimble (Norwich)
- Harbour Inn (Lowestoft)
- Kings Head Inn (Brooke)
- Lattice House (Kings Lynn)
- Rabbits At The Bush (Shimpling)
- Rose & Crown (Harpley)
- Sammies Bar & Grill (East Runton)
- Sculthorpe Mill (Fakenham)
- Stag Inn (West Acre)
- Stanford Arms (Lowestoft)
- Stamp Pizza (Aylsham)
- Star Plain Stores (Holt)
- Strangers Tavern (Norwich)
- Stubby’s Pizza (Sheringham)
- Walpole Arms (Norwich)
- Weavers Arms (Norwich)
- WhataHoot (King’s Lynn)
- White Horse (Brancaster)
- Yalm (Norwich)
Our cans are available in several farmshops and restaurants, including:
- Bun X at Micawbers (Norwich)
- Drove Orchard Farm Shop (Thornham)
- Erics Pizza (Thornham)
- Eric’s Fish & Chips (Holt)
- Empire (Yarmouth)
- Howard’s Butchers (Gayton and West Newton)
- Ivy (Norwich)
- Morston Hall (Holt)
- Norfolk Deli (Hunstanton)
- Sir Toby’s (Norwich)
- Snape Maltings (Snape)
- Village Store (Castle Acre)
- Stag Inn (West Acre)
- West Acre Theatre (West Acre)
- WhataHoot (King’s Lynn)
- Wittles Cafe (Castle Acre)
- Yard (Norwich)
Thanks for your interest in stocking Duration. Our award-winning beers come can, bottle, keg and cask. We make a core range of everyday beers along side seasonals and specials across the year. Buy direct from the brewery and via regional wholesale partners. Head in to our TRADE SHOP now!
- Sign-up to our Weekly Availability to have our latest beers in your inbox every Monday at 10am
- Follow us on all socials @durationbeer
- For digital downloads, ordering and more visit our TRADE PAGE
- 6 Barrels – Midlands & North
- Beer Metropolis – Midlands & North
- Biercraft – London and South England
- Boom Towers – Norfolk
- Dayla Drinks – London
- Diverse Beers – Midlands
- Eebria Trade – Nationwide
- Inn-Express – Nationwide
- Jolly Good Beer – Midlands, London & South, North
- Lacons – Norfolk, Suffolk, Cambride, Essex, Herts
- Norfolk Hub – Norfolk, Suffolk, Cambridge, North Hertfordshire
- Pigs Ears – South and West England, including London
- Vertigo Beers – London and South West
WHAT’S ON AT THE BREWERY
- BREWERY TOURS Founder led brewery tour + tasting experience 12-1pm on the first Saturday each month. Book HERE.
- TAP DAYS Beer and more at Tap Days – our dog and family friendly brewery taproom. 12-8pm on the first Saturday each month. Book HERE or walk ins welcome.
- BREWERY BANQUETS 2 Course Banquet and 2 Drinks for £30 on the first Saturday each month. Book HERE.
- THANKSGIVING Duration’s 4th Birthday is taking place on 24 + 25 Nov with a real humdinger of a party. A great beer line up, prizes and a Low Country Boil by Fanny Adams. Tickets HERE.
- BREWERY KIOSK Shop open Mon-Fri 9-5 year round. No appointment needed, just walk in!
- OKTOBERFEST Our annual beer festival returns on 28 + 29 Sept 2024. Specially brewed beers, Bavarian food by Fanny Adams. Tickets will go live at Easter – sells out fast!
YOUR OWN NORFOLK ADVENTURE
Norfolk is all about good food provenance, getting out in nature, and enjoying the stunning coastline. Find the pubs and bottle shops that serve our beer alongside other farm shops, cafes and restaurants in our FIND OUR BEER section.
Want to stay nearby in a mobile home or caravan? The Stag, West Acre (5min walk) or George & Dragon, Newton by Castle Acre (40min walk) let you stay in their car parks. More accommodation options listed below.
- The Pig Shed Motel – 5 mins drive, 10 ensuite rooms, espresso machine, adjacent to pub, dog friendly.
- The Brisley Bell – 20 mins drive, 6 ensuite rooms, adjacent to pub, dog friendly
- Nar Valley Cottages – 10 mins drive, 3 holiday cottages, pool, gym, dog friendly
- Bradmoor Woods – 25 mins walk, 5 mins drive, glamping site with converted silos and wood burners
- Great Barn Farm – 10 mins drive, 40 mins bike ride, various size holiday lets, pool, tennis court, no dogs
- West Heath Barn – 15 mins drive, 50 mins bike ride, B&B and Self Catering Cottages
- The Dabbling Duck – 10 mins drive, 35 mins bike ride, B&B, Private Rooms and a Self Catering Cottage
- Bradmoor Woods – 5 mins drive, 15 mins bike ride, 45 mins walk, Cabins, Huts and space for tents
- 4 Ton Tents – 8 mins drive, 15 mins bike ride, 45 mins walk, converted army truck campers
- Wild Meadow Glamping – 20 mins drive, 55 mins bike ride, glamping site
Handy Camping Link HERE
THINGS TO DO
While you are on your own Norfolk adventure there is lots to to nearby the brewery. We have a Theatre, Art Gallery, Village Pub, Walled Garden Cafe with Garden Centre.
West Acre also offers lost of outdoor pursuits from walking to cycling to looking at nature. Learn more about the local area HERE.
Enjoy coffee and cake at the Apple Cafe inside the walled gardens our own West Acre Gardens . As you approach the gardens see the large house once owned by the West Acre estate, now the country residence of artist Anthony Gormley who’s sculptures adorn the lawns. Or perhaps you want to see what is on at the Westacre Theatre or West Acre Gallery with lots of seasonal exhibitions and makers markets – all walkable from us.
Good news. All Duration beers (bar 2 that are currently out of stock) are vegan-friendly with no animal derivatives. Our products are unfiltered and unpasteurised and we don’t use fish based isinglass. If we were to use honey, shellfish or lactose in our beer we will mention this on all packaging. We do use cereals that contain gluten and list these and any other allergens in bold on our labels. Product info sheets containing all allergen and dietary information are on our trade area under product assets.