Duration is an independent multi award-winning brewery in West Norfolk headed up by Bates our South Carolinian brewer and Londoner Miranda. We opened in late 2019 after 2 years of collaborative and nomadic brewing as one of the UK’s most anticipated and exciting modern breweries. Our high-end brewhouse sits our majestic converted 16th stone barn in West Acre amidst barley fields along the Nar Valley Way. We pour time and place into every beer producing perfectly balanced wild ales and fresh beers brewed from nature with purpose.
Inspired by the creative solitude of our rural location Duration showcases how beautifully brewing and agriculture can exist in tandem. Every day fresh pale ales and crisp pilsners using local grains and crops. Signature and seasonal releases brewed in small rotational batches. Limited quantity releases of slow and spontaneous beer from our barrel store as they become available. Our wild mixed fermentation ales are developed at a slower pace inoculated with native cultures, aged in wood and blended to taste. Deliciously balanced small batches focused on quality and consistency and brewed as sustainabily as possible to always give back more than we take from our moment in time.
Read more on our founding Bedrock Principles HERE
Learn more about what beers we procuce on our BEER LIBRARY
For brewery news and events sign up to our NEWSLETTER or follow us on socials @DURATIONBEER
Buy our beers from our ONLINE STORE. See where you can meet the team via our EVENTS page
- BEER LIBRARY Learn about our signature and seasonal releases on our beer library.
- ONLINE Order by 12 noon to have a beer box delivered fresh to your door the next working day.
- TAP DAYS Come to our family and dog friendly taproom open every Fri + Sat March through October. Additional hours in the Summer.
- BREWERY KIOSK Buy beer, gifts and merch from our barrel store Mon-Fri 9-5 year round.
- STOCK US Want to stock our products are your venue? Please see our Trade Page
Duration beers are available in 100’s of independent venues as well as pouring in several local pubs near the brewery (see below).
If looking for a pint of Duration why not visit:
- Blue Bell (Langham)
- Brisley Bell (Dereham)
- Chequers (Royston)
- Dabbling Duck (Great Massingham)
- Fox (Willian, Letchworth)
- Gangway (Sheringham)
- George & Dragon (Castle Acre)
- Gyre & Gimble (Norwich)
- Harbour (Lowestoft)
- Rabbits At The Bush (Shimpling)
- Rocky Bottoms (West Runton)
- Rose & Crown (Harpley)
- Sammies Bar & Grill (East Runton)
- Sculthorpe Mill (Fakenham)
- Stag Inn (West Acre)
- Stamp Pizza (Aylsham)
- Star Plain Stores (Holt)
- Strangers Tavern (Norwich)
- Stubby’s Pizza (Sheringham)
- The Earlham (Norwich)
- WhataHoot (King’s Lynn)
- Weavers Arms (Norwich)
- White Horse (Brancaster)
- Yalm (Norwich)
Our cans are available in several farmshops and restaurants, including:
- Drove Orchard Farm Shop (Thornham)
- Erics Pizza (Thornham)
- Howard’s Butchers (Gayton and West Newton)
- Ivy (Norwich)
- Norfolk Deli (Hunstanton)
- Ostrich Pub (Castle Acre)
- Sir Toby’s (Norwich)
- Snape Maltings (Snape)
- Spar Village Store (Castle Acre)
- Stag Inn (West Acre)
- West Acre Theatre (West Acre)
- WhataHoot (King’s Lynn)
- Wittles Cafe (Castle Acre)
- Yard (Norwich)
We produce a core range, seasonals and specials selling direct and with regional wholesale partners. Many match our pricing, deliver free with weekly drops and store cold.
We also sell on Eebria Trade – great for single kegs.
- 6 Barrels – Midlands & North
- Beer Metropolis – Midlands & North
- Biercraft – London and South England
- Boom Towers – East Anglia (Cask)
- Dayla Drinks – London
- Eebria Trade – Nationwide
- Inn-Express – Nationwide
- Jolly Good Beer – Midlands, London & South, North
- Lacons – East Anglia (Keg)
- Norfolk Hub – Norfolk, East Anglia (Small Pack & Cask)
- Pigs Ears – South and West England, including London
- Vertigo Beers – London and Bristol
OTHER HELPFUL INFORMATION
- Visit our TRADE PAGE to order beer, download assets and more
- If ordering in pallets we ship for a £49 flat rate, free on orders over £1000
- To order direct please fill this form (also below)
- Sign-up to our Weekly Availability email every Friday at 10am
- Follow us on all socials @durationbeer
Alternatively, get in touch with our sales team
YOUR OWN NORFOLK ADVENTURE
Don’t let us limit you. Norfolk is all about good food provenance, getting out in nature, and enjoying nature and the stunning coastline. We list all the pubs that pour Duration nearby and across the land in our FIND OUR BEER section.
For those wanting to visit in their mobile homes or caravan The Stag, West Acre (5min walk) or George & Dragon, Newton by Castle Acre (40min walk) are happy for you to stay in their car parks. Or read on for lots more accommodation options listed below in the STAY NEARBY section.
Also check out this Out & About page.
- BREWERY TOURS 3pm on first Saturday Feb-Sep is when we offer founder-led brewery tours and tastings.
- TAP DAYS Come enjoy a pint at source. Tap Days is our brewery taproom in the barrel store. Open from 12 Thu-Sun during school holidays with street food.
- BREWERY KIOSK Buy cans and bottles from the brewery kiosk open Mon-Fri 9-5 year round.
- STOCK US Want to stock our products are your venue? Please see our trade area.
- OKTOBERFEST will be on 29 + 30 Sept this year. With specially brewed beers, Bavarian food by Fanny Adams
- THANKSGIVING is our breweries 4th birthday taking place on 24 + 25 Nov this year with a real humdinger of a party. Low Country Boil by Fanny Adams.
For update on beer releases, events and the brewery and around the UK sign up to our newsletter HERE
- The Pig Shed Motel – 5 mins drive, 10 ensuite rooms, espresso machine, adjacent to pub, dog friendly.
- The Brisley Bell – 20 mins drive, 6 ensuite rooms, adjacent to pub, dog friendly
- Nar Valley Cottages – 10 mins drive, 3 holiday cottages, pool, gym, dog friendly
- Bradmoor Woods – 25 mins walk, 5 mins drive, glamping site with converted silos and wood burners
- Great Barn Farm – 10 mins drive, 40 mins bike ride, various size holiday lets, pool, tennis court, no dogs
- West Heath Barn – 15 mins drive, 50 mins bike ride, B&B and Self Catering Cottages
- The Dabbling Duck – 10 mins drive, 35 mins bike ride, B&B, Private Rooms and a Self Catering Cottage
- Bradmoor Woods – 5 mins drive, 15 mins bike ride, 45 mins walk, Cabins, Huts and space for tents
- 4 Ton Tents – 8 mins drive, 15 mins bike ride, 45 mins walk, converted army truck campers
- Wild Meadow Glamping – 20 mins drive, 55 mins bike ride, glamping site
Handy Camping Link HERE
THINGS TO DO
While you are on your own Norfolk adventure there is lots to to nearby the brewery. We have a Theatre, Art Gallery, Village Pub, Walled Garden Cafe with Garden Centre.
West Acre also offers lost of outdoor pursuits from walking to cycling to looking at nature.
Learn more about the local area HERE.
Enjoy coffee and cake at the Apple Cafe inside the walled gardens our own West Acre Gardens . As you approach the gardens see the large house once owned by the West Acre estate, now the country residence of artist Anthony Gormley who’s sculptures adorn the lawns. Or perhaps you want to see what is on at the Westacre Theatre or West Acre Gallery with lots of seasonal exhibitions and makers markets – all walkable from us.
Good news. All Duration beers (bar 2 that are currently out of stock) are vegan-friendly with no animal derivatives. Our products are unfiltered and unpasteurised and we don’t use fish based isinglass. If we were to use honey, shellfish or lactose in our beer we will mention this on all packaging. We do use cereals that contain gluten and list these and any other allergens in bold on our labels. Product info sheets containing all allergen and dietary information are on our trade area under product assets.