Wild ales and fresh beers brewed from nature with purpose. Inspired by the creative solitude of our rural location Duration showcases how beautifully brewing and agriculture can exist in tandem. Beers that belong full of balanced nuanced flavour and tempo. Everyday fresh pale ales and crisp pilsners using local grains and crops. Wild ales developed at a slower pace inoculated with native cultures, aged in wood and blended to taste. Our efficient brewhouse delivers deliciously balanced small batches focused on quality and consistency. We strive to be a clean business. Read more on our Bedrock here.
We are an independent founder led farmhouse brewery in Norfolk. Bates, our South Carolinian Brewer, along with co-founder and Londoner Miranda, got busy converting a 16th century barn as the stunning destination to pour time and place into our beer. After two years of collaborative and nomadic releases, Duration, one of the UK’s most anticipated modern breweries released our first Norfolk brewed beers in December 2019. Read more on our Bedrock here.
We make wild ales and fresh beers brewed from nature with purpose. Learn more in our BEER LIBRARY
Everyday, agricultural, slow and spontaneous – all brewed with a sense of tempo and place. Signature and seasonal releases brewed in small rotational batches. Limited quantity releases of slow and spontaneous beer from our barrel store as they become available.
Experience Al Fresco Beers at Duration’s Farmhouse Brewery.
Launching on 23rd April Tap Days offer bucket list beers, delicious street food, and of course plenty of Duration on tap!
Duration Brewing, Abbey Farm, River Road, West Acre, King’s Lynn, Norfolk, PE32 1UA
Open rain or shine we offer covered tables for 90min slots. A non-refundable booking charge by table size is taken, redeemable against your first round of drinks. The brewery kiosk will remain open for pickups. Book a Tap Day table HERE.
ADDITIONAL INFOWe appreciate your cooperation while restrictions are in place. If you have any questions please visit our FAQs at www.durationbeer.com if you need any further information please contact us ahead of your visit via [email protected]
- We are located near Castle Acre in West Acre Kings Lynn off the A1065 and A47
- Parking is free on the left lawn on arrival. Please do not park on the central lawn.
- On arrival, you will be seated at your table and asked to scan in for Track and Trace.
- Show order number to redeem a voucher towards your first round of drinks.
- Table-side ordering is essential (includes take-out food). Kiosk walk-ups for take-out beer.
- Food and Drink orders can be made via a QR code using a mobile. Please ask a server if you need assistance.
- Toilet blocks are available around the back of the brewery.
- Masks must be worn* when moving on-premise and at all times inside. *Not required if medically exempt or under 12 years old.
- The Brewery Kiosk will remain open for take-out beers, browsing, and merch.
- Brewery Tours, when available, can be booked in the Brewery Kiosk.
- We are a family-friendly venue. All children must be accompanied at all times by a responsible adult.
- We do not have child seats or changing tables but plenty of room to roam!
- We are dog-friendly all dogs must be accompanied at all times by their responsible dog owner.
- To ensure other guest’s comfort please keep your dogs on their leads during your visit.
Duration beers are available in 100’s of independent bottle shops, beer bars and micro pubs across the UK.
Near the brewery we have permanent and rotational lines at
George & Dragon (Castle Acre),
The Brisley Bell (Dereham)
You can buy our beer fresh and direct from the brewery (card only) at our Brewery Kiosks. More info here.
Our opening times are strictly limited to Friday and Saturday afternoons. You may walk up or order for click and collect via our webshop.
Check out our full range in our beer library.
We are also available in 100’s of independent bottle shops, beer bars and micro pubs You can find a map here / below!
We ship out beer to UK Mainland, Islands & Highlands (including Northern Ireland) 5 days a week.
Order via the webshop before noon to receive a beer delivery the next working day.
- £7 UK Mainland (free over £50)
- £15 Islands & Highlands includes Northern Ireland (free over £100)
If you are shielding and live within a 20mile radius of the brewery please get in touch and we will endeavor to assist.
We are a small team and when required we work from home, leaving only the brewers and warehouse manager on site. Thankfully none of this need affect your ability to purchase beer from us, which can happen via the webshop and tradeshop.
We are permitted to run a takeaway kiosk that is open to the public every Friday 12-6pm and Saturday 12-4pm adhering to strict guidelines for everyone’s safety.
We strongly recommend using our click & collect service at check out when ordering ahead on the webshop, however, walk ups are also permitted. One household inside, masks essential, card only.
Route To Market
Trade customers can purchase Duration beer direct in 24 x 440ml cases or 30 Litre steel kegs. Trade customers can also purchase our beer via our regional craft beer specialists.
To open an account, sign up to our weekly sales list or to obtain product info and digital assets please visit our TRADE AREA.
Note we ship to trade customers via courier or pallet and collection only. We do not deliver in person or have a drey.
Our distributors carry all our latest stock and deliver regularly with no / minimal delivery charge. They also understand our unpasteurized and unfiltered products need to be handled in a timely manner with care and refridgeration.
Formats: 30L steel Kegstars, 24 x 440ml Can, 12 x 375ml bottle
- Beer Metropolis – East Midlands, London
- Beer Paradise – North and Nationwide
- Biercraft – London and South England
- Dam Tasty Beer – London and South East
- Dayla – London and South East
- Eebria Trade – Nationwide
- Jolly Good Beer – East Anglia Midlands London & South
- Kirkstall Brewery – North
- Nelson Sauvin – Northern Ireland
- New Wave – Scotland, North East
- Norfolk Hub – Norfolk, East Anglia
- Pigs Ears – South and West England, including London
Can I buy direct?
We send out orders 5 days a week at 11am on a next working day service. We ship our beer via pallet or for smaller case orders (8 cases or below) we can send via courier. Orders must be placed and invoiced cleared by 11am to dispatch same day. Please note the brewery is closed on bank holidays and couriers do not deliver on bank holidays.
Collection by arrangement also available.
KEG – Our steel 30litre kegs can be dispensed on 100% CO2 using a Sankey S (Euro) Coupler. Venues using 70:30 gas and air it is recommend to disconnect at the end of each service. For small orders Eebria Trade or Sellar is the most convenient way to obtain our kegs.
SMALL PACK – We package into 440ml can (24 units) and 375ml bottle (12 units) and send via courier. Larger orders of 8+ cases or when order includes kegs are sent via pallet delivery.
Can I get samples?
As a small brewery we are sadly unable to send out samples except for larger tender bids. Samples can be purchased from our webshop please email for a trade discount code.
I’m Trade, how do I sign up?
- Fill a quick new account form for access to our live B2B Portal – a tradeshop to place orders 24/7
- Sign-up to our trade mailer to learn about new beer releases and brewery trade events
- Follow us on twitter, facebook and instagram where we are @durationbeer
All new wholesale or trade customers will need to open a new account with the brewery. Please fill the form below (if you don’t require credit mark £0 in that field).
Barley fields, ancient woods and grazing cattle surround our 16th century barn at West Acre’s Priory. Our chalk steam is an SSSI.
Gentle cycle routes and pilgrim paths wind to country pubs, past old watermills and wild flower meadows. Plan your Duration visit here.
PLACES TO STAY CLOSE TO THE BREWERY
Norfolk is a hugely popular UK tourist destination with limited accommodation. Please book ahead.
- The Pig Shed Motel – 5 mins drive, 10 ensuite rooms, espresso machine, adjacent to pub, dog friendly
- The Brisley Bell – 20 mins drive, 6 ensuite rooms, adjacent to pub, god friendly
- Nar Valley Cottages – 10 mins drive, 3 holiday cottages, pool, gym, dog friendly
- Bradmoor Woods – 25mins walk, 5 mins drive, glamping site with converted silos and wood burners
- Great Barn Farm – 10 mins drive, 40 mins bike ride, various size holiday lets, pool, tennis court, no dogs
- West heath Barn – 15mins drive, 50 mins nike ride, B&B and Self Catering Cottages
THINGS TO DO
Don’t let us limit you. Norfolk is all about good food provenance, getting out in nature, and enjoying nature and the stunning coastline. Check out this Out & About page.
Here are just a few of the days out we have enjoyed:
LOCAL TAPS (THAT POUR OUR BEER)
All offer great meals, a warm welcome, Duration on tap! Child and dog friendly, and all have beer gardens.
The Ffolkes has a complete and entirely enclosed adventure playground and outside bar!
- Duration Tap Days West Acre – King’s Lynn – Fri and Sat only Book a Table
- George & Dragon Newton by Castle Acre 5 mins drive
- Brisley Bell Dereham 20 mins drive
- Ffolkes Arms / Street Feast Hillington 20 mins drive
- The Dabbling Duck 2o mins drive
Any one of these and a coffee and cake at the Apple Cafe inside the walled gardens our own West Acre Gardens are our favourite kind of day. As you approach the gardens see the large house once owned by the West Acre estate, now the country residence of artist Anthony Gormley who’s sculptures adorn the lawns.
FAMILY DAYS OUT
Cley Next The Sea – Morning pitstop at Pastonacre Bakery, Cley Smokehouse, Picnic Fayre for lunch supplies. Drive a mile past the village to park and walk out to the beach along the high line and past the marshes (RSPB look out post). Enjoy beach hangs, see the Cley Windmill, browse the pottery shops, and head home via Back To The Garden for supplies from the farmshop and dinner in the dining room – great gardens too! Letheringsett Mill is close by and Holt village is a treasure trove of vintage antiques and clothing. The Chubby Seal beer cafe is great as is Wells Deli.
Bewilderwood – Let your imagination, and your children run wild at a huge, award-winning forest of family fun and outdoor adventure. Treehouses, Wobbly Wires, Slippery Slopes, Crocklebogs, Twiggles and Boggles, storytelling, boat rides, marsh walks, and really yummy food! Plenty to smalls and pre-teens to do and enjoy. Our own Mila loved the den building area and also the 4D maze. Slides scary enough for adults to chicken out of. Take a picnic or enjoy the food on offer.
Norfolk has heaps of ancient history and maritime history, Sea Henge is fascinating as is the Kings Lynn Museum that has an exhibit explaining this 4,000BC landmark. The outdoor art exhibitions held at Houghton Hall are always popular. Some of the best ways to learn about a new region is by taking a country walk. West Acre was one of 5 Augustine Priory sites along the Nar Valley Way. Our beer uses Nar River water. A stroll along the river unlocks the past with the old mill house down by the ford and the bone mill over in Narborough. Learn more about local walking trails along the Icknield Way and onto Castle Acre where the Castle Acre Priory is far more preserved than West Acres. If passing be sure to call in on Wittles Cafe for supplies and duck into the antique shop too!
Our trade area has a ‘product assets’ download folder for your use in your online store and social media.
Product shots and social shares, founder and location photos for beer buyers, events and social media managers to freely use.
Digital assets of our beers including – product info sheets, keg badges, pour and product shots and more.
Producing quality balanced beer is our main focus. Sharing a beer in good company is our favourite pastime. Our location is too good to not share and as soon as we are able too, we’ll open for tours with a modest tap room to swing by and collect beers for your Norfolk day out.
Planning permission to turn the south end gable into a future on site tap room has been granted as a phase 2 build.
100% we will do tours as soon as it is safe to do so. A guided tour around the brewery will show you our efficient 3 vessel brewery and state of the art canning line. Learn about our zero effluent water treatment plant and our hybrid coolship. See our wonderful wooden foeders in the wood division before finishing off your tour enjoying a mixed tasting board of our beers. Join our mailing list or check in on our events page for online tours and to be the first to know when our tour booking system goes live (expected Winter 2021).
Yup lots of stickers, t-shirts and notebooks, here
We’re busy making beer most of the time. But every now and then we run some apparel and other doodads. It’s mostly available at the brewery and at our events.
We don’t like throwaway merch, so we tend to make quality products that last.
We are a growing team and recently took on two new hires making us a team of 7. We would love to hear how you think you might fit in. Introduce yourself to our founders Miranda and Bates with an email to [email protected] Share a little about yourself: your skills, personality and what beer qualifications you feel you have. When we have vacancies they will be listed in here, so do check back from time to time.
Good news. All Duration beers are vegan friendly with no animal derivatives. Our products are unfiltered and unpasteurised and we don’t use fish based isinglass. If we were to use honey, shellfish or lactose in our beer we will mention this on all packaging. We do use cereals that contain gluten and list these and any other allergens in bold on our labels. Product info sheets containing all allergen and dietry information are on our trade area under product assets.